This is just gorgeous. It is naughty. It is easy. It is the definition of treat yo self.
This dessert is one of the many reasons I love food.
Making it just feels so right especially knowing how easy it is.
500g digestive biscuits
500g Philadelphia cream cheese or generic
6 tbsp icing sugar
140g desiccated coconut
1tsp vanilla extract
600ml double cream
6 tbsp caster sugar
100g milk or dark chocolate. Extra for shavings on top if you would like.
3 Bounty bars, sliced into chunks.
1. Line a deep 23cm (8inch) cake tin with non – stick baking paper.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan and in a seperate bowl, crush the biscuits to a fine crumb using the end of a rolling pin or blender.
3. Pour the melted butter into the biscuit crumb and mix well. Press firmly into the base of the cake tin and pop in the fridge to harden.
4. Whisk the soft cheese, icing sugar, coconut and vanilla together until soft.
5. Whisk the double cream and sugar together until thick, then fold in the soft cheese mixture. The mixture will thicken.
6. Melt the chocolate in a bowl sitting over a pan of gently simmering water, make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
7. Take the biscuit base out of the fridge and drizzle or spread a little of the chocolate across the base, then start adding the cheesecake mixture, drizzling a little chocolate between layers, but reserving some for the top decoration.
8. Drizzle the remaining chocolate on top as you wish then finish off with slices of bounty and some some choc shavings if desired.
Total prep time: 40 mins. I chilled minimum of an hour before serving.
Enjoy, indulge and do let me know if you make it,